PETALING JAYA - The Armed Forces have rubbished a viral photo claiming that soldiers assaulted a boy while enforcing the movement control order (MCO).
It said that the photo was originally from Bangladesh and was uploaded in 2019
"The photo and audio recording that has been spread is fake news. All parties are urged to stop spreading them immediately," it said in a statement on Tuesday (March 31).
It added that any person caught spreading fake news could be charged under Section 233 of the Communication and Multimedia Act 1998.
"The public is also advised to not fall for news that could create unrest," it added.
Photos of the supposed boy has been spread on social media, along with an audio recording saying that the victim had been beaten in Kampung Jerat Baru after being found outside.