Chonburi’s governor has banned the sale of alcohol in the province, including #Pattaya, from 6am to 6pm, effective immediately.
Restaurants are now only allowed to offer takeaways – all to fight the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus. The order is over and above all other closures in the province over the past two weeks.
The provisions of the order are as follows…
- Restaurants may be take away only with the exception of ones in hotels for registered hotel guests.
- No alcohol sales between 6pm and 6am. In fact, since regular alcohol sales laws still apply, this means one can only legally buy between 11am and 2pm, and 5-6pm. There is no alcohol ban as was reported on social media yesterday. This restriction is to help prevent gatherings.
- Gatherings in public are prohibited, especially in public places like beache, parks and public areas of residences, condos, etc. The order also basically asks people not to have private gatherings at home. This essentially means no gathering, drinking or socialising.
- Beauty salons, private and public, closed.
- Nurseries and daycare centers closed
- Everything previously announced like bars, clubs, gogos, nonessential shops in malls, gyms, golf, movies etc. are “closed until the situation improves.”
- Koh Larn remains closed to nonresidents at least until April 10.
- Hardware stores may reopen as they are considered essential.
- All public and private attractions, including government tourist attractions, cultural or entertainment site are closed. If it is a tourist attraction, it must be closed.
- Beaches remain open during the day, but the previous request for people to not be on the beach from 8pm to 6am stands. People on beaches must practice social distancing and have one to two metres between beach chairs.
- There is no curfew or overall lockdown. People can come and go, but are subject to the checkpoints previously stated in Chon Buri.
There is no end date for this order. It is simply until the situation improves. It is effective immediately. – Thaiger
Please help us continue to bring the REAL NEWS – PayPal
The post Pattaya applies indefinite BOOZE BAN from 6pm daily appeared first on BangkokJack News.